Saturday, February 1, 2014

Week 44

Today is another day in the life of Lana and I'll try to keep this one short!
I recently returned from Santa Barbara, California after having another post op check up with Dr. Arnett. And the verdict is:
Things are still looking GREAT!
My joints are holding their own! 
My teeth are exactly where they need to be! In fact, Dr. A says my orthodontist, Dr Spilsbury, smokes, because he has never seen a better orthodontist. Smokes as in does drugs because his work is too good. Dr A is absolutely impressed and amazed at how perfect Dr. Spils work is. Dr Spils is a perfectionist and has been SO great to work with. 

I feel like a had a big weight lifted off my shoulders after this visit. My jaw has been popping lately. That's fine with me as long as it isn't damaging. But then it started to feel slightly sore at times. I think depending on what I ate. And it would seem to have limited movement at times as well.
But after Dr A took a look at me and I asked him my tirade of questions and concerns, he wasn't concerned with it. It's common, he said, and it could go away or it may not. So for now, I feel much better and I won't worry about it.
I'll return in 6 weeks for another check up. At that appointment, Dr A will take x-rays again to see how my joints are doing. From there, he will formulate a plan. A plan guys! We are nearing the end.. ah! He will be able to tell how stable my joints are and decide how much longer I need to wear these stupid rubber bands at night, when to take off the braces and when to start weaning off my medications. Do you know what that means? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!
BABIES!!
Whoop whoop! Let's pray that I can start weaning off these meds ASAP. It's time Ty and I start a family. I am already wrinkling. I already have gray hair. Correction.. Silver hair. My hair glitters guys.. be jealous.
I don't even know what life is like without braces. Seriously. That's sad.

Mom and Dad came to SB with me this round. We had a DELICIOUS lunch the day of my appointment. We ate on state street at a fabulous mexican restaurant called Sandbar.
EVERYTHING we ate there was so good. We definitely will be going back! We ate outside due to the amazing weather. It's January, does SB even believe in winter? It was like 75 degrees.

Well that's it for today. I am exhausted as I have been running around like a headless chicken the last 2 weeks. I have been working my body hard with little rest and it is starting to fight back. 
It's a boring one today, I apologize. I'll liven it up on my next post with how I stepped on a scorpion.. 
 at a friends wedding
 babes on babes
 my Tiger
 Carl
 clearly she's excited about this
 just me
 sporting my two favorite brands! indybrandclothing.com and agnesanddora.com 
softest clothes ever!! check them out and support my friends
 sisters
 sisters
 befores and afters
 friends hosting a party for Agnes and Dora and Indy Clothing
 SB has it in for our cars. nothing a little duct tape couldn't fix :)
 lunch at Sandbar
 YUP. week 44. 10 months.
Dr A's office

4 comments:

  1. Great blog and congratulations on your fantastic result. May I ask what your advancement were? Looking forward to your next update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story. As 4-week post-op patient with Dr. Gunson and being originally from Vegas -- and eagerly awaiting the day my husband and I can start our family -- I could really relate to your blog posts and find it encouraging to see such positive results from someone much further along in the process. And in reference to your previous post, I agree that jaw surgery has been a great reminder of how things don't happen on our timeline, but according to God's.

    I hope you'll eventually give a final post about getting the braces off and final thoughts. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know that you have found a good orthodontist, who you can put your full confidence and trust with. Maybe you are just too sensitive about your oral condition, but it’s nice to know that your teeth are doing great and that there’s nothing to worry about. Anyway, it's good to see the changes that are happening due to your braces. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you!

    Felipe Roberson @ Philly-Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The improvements that your braces are bringing to your teeth are amazing. It shows a lot more addition to your self-confidence and beautiful smile. It's good to hear that you chose a good orthodontist, who is really capable in helping your dental problem. All your photos are looking great. Thanks for sharing that! Stay gorgeous!

    Eunice Greer @ Downtown Dental SC

    ReplyDelete